Fall is here and that means the holidays are approaching! Not to mention this is a popular time when family pictures are being scheduled and taken, so you will want your best smile on display. If you have missing teeth, you have options to have a full smile in time for holiday celebrations and pictures such as implant-supported dentures. They are a game-changer because they significantly improve the quality of your life and help you change from self-conscious to self-confident.
Dr. Miller and her team specialize in creating a beautiful smile you will be happy with like implant-supported dentures. When you hear the word dentures, you probably think of gummy, slippery and uncomfortable dentures you have to take in and out of your mouth every time you clean them or go to bed or even them falling out at a social event. We are happy to tell you that there is a better option! Implant-supported dentures are a wonderful alternative that gives you a smile that stays in place and will last a lifetime.
Other advantages of implant-supported dentures include the following:
– Your confidence is boosted, knowing that your smile will stay in place.
– Your speech will improve.
– They replace any damaged, loose or lost teeth with beautiful replacement teeth.
– Your bite is aligned, and you can chew and bite into your favorite foods much better than before. Not to mention, on the upper jaw, your dentures do not cover the roof of your mouth and you can better taste your food!
– Proper chewing and eating mean you will have better digestion.
– There is no need for denture adhesives, especially ones that can sometimes make people gag.
– There is no noise, rattling of teeth or shifting of teeth.
– Your gums are less irritated whereas regular dentures would cause wear and irritation.
With expert care from our team in Palm Desert, California, you can get the option of implant-supported dentures to restore your smile to its former glory! They provide a stronger structure that won’t cause bone deterioration and protect the underlying bone as well as surrounding gum tissues. They also prevent soreness and sores from forming.
To qualify for implant-supported dentures, you will need healthy gums and supporting bone material where a dental implant would be placed. After the titanium screw is placed for the dental implant in your jaw bone, the bone will fuse with it in a natural process called osseointegration. After that, either a ball-retained or bar-retained denture will be placed. Each one is attached to the dental implants, creating a secure hold that will stay in place.
Show off your smile this autumn season with implant-supported dentures provided by Dr. Miller and her team of specialists in Palm Desert, California. We are happy to serve the people of Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage, Palm Springs and neighboring communities of the Coachella Valley. Give us a call at 760-851-0314 today for more information or to set up an appointment. Palm Desert Center for Advanced Periodontics, Cosmetic, Sedation and Implant Dentistry will be happy to help you today!